Thursday, February 18, 2010

6 Quotes for the Top 6

Here are the Top 6 and their quotes that I thought went with them and why.


(From top to bottom)
1)"If Music be the food of love, play on." -William Shakespeare
I thought this quote is good for this painting because this is a music related painting toward my older brother and his love toward jazz music.
2)"I have flaws. And if you can't handle me at my worst, then you damn sure can't handle me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe
I picked this quote for this painting because the painting resmbles a beautiful woman with her hair in the wind and looking over her shoulder. It portrays my mom, she is a strong, beautiful, outgoing woman, and only a strong woman like my mom and Marilyn would say something like that.
3)"Imagination is more important than knowledge..." -Albert Einstein
I chose this quote for this painting because when I first started painting this piece I didn't think of a guitar, I was just doing a mark over and over, and then the music came to me and I took another look at the piece at a distance and it all then came to me. You don't have to see what I see, you are able to use your imagination to see what you see in this painting.


(From top to bottom)
1)" High school is like a spork: it's a crappy spoon and a crappy fork, so in the end it's just plain useless." -John Mayer
I chose this quote for this piece because I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't know where I was going to end up in the end and I felt the same way in high school.
2)"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to purse them." -Walt Disney
I picked this quote for this piece because when I look at it, it looks like a 'dream' exploding, taking off, and coming true.
3)"I wish I knew how to quit you." -Jack Twist
I thought this quote is the only one that could go with this piece because I was writing the quote over and over agian on the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment