Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mark Evaluation

Here is the Evaluation I received:

'About 50% to 75% I am not sure, I was not fond of. Why? Because in some the marks were very similar, no variety at all mostly in the marks and I found them a bore to look at. As for some of them they formed pictures, I didn't like that either. But not all is doom an gloom for you. And some had some excellent pieces in there as well, some very beautiful I particularly like the tiny splats with lines, it's very different from all of your other pieces and I think it's the best.'
I found this critique very unhelpful, embarrasing, and hurtful. She didn't clearly state which were her top three so I tried my best to look for which she put aside for me. She also didn't state why she picked the top 3 she did. So here are the 3 I think she picked out.






These are my top three that I chose. Each one of these paintings were drawn for a family member.


I picked this one because while I was painting this one, we were listening to guitar music and I thought of my mom and Tito. They used to play guitar when I was younger. There were only supposed to be six lines but I accidentely made a seventh line so I call it "The Seventh String". I like it also because I didn't use the whole page like most of my other paitings, it's really clean and neat to me. It was fun to make, I'm pretty sure I used a straw to make this one.


I painted this one while listening to classical music I think. I was thinking about my mom at the time. She's a beautiful woman and I look up to her. So I made a a swoop mark over and over in the same spot and it reminded me of a woman with long hair looking over her shoulder. I haven't named it yet but this one is for my mom. I used my fingers to make this one.

This one is my number one favorite. We were listening to jazz music and the only person who got me hooked on jazz was my older brother. He is a genius at the alto sax, a complete god. I miss having him play for me. It is the same mark, in a backwards S motion. I was going for a saxaphone look for this picture. I used a sponge like thing to make the mark and it worked out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment