Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Critiques




On Tuesday we did critiques in class and I critiqued Chris Jones' dot pattern. While I was critiquing the patterns I noticed that there could be three different gestalt principles: similarity, continuance, and closure. When I got close to the art I noticed that not all the dots were 3-D. I think that the work would've been better if all the dots were 3-D. Also, the levels for the 3-D dots were not all the same, which made the art work more interesting. Pencils ends were used to make the dots 3-D but, they were not black, which made lose focus on the dots. I liked how he used a different language for the text and not english but, the pattern for the text was a bit too busy for me and went against the dot pattern. The dot pattern was asymmetrical which through me off but thats just me, I'm a geometric person, I like symmetry. The art was also very neat I enjoyed critiquing it.




Here is my text is texture work.

No comments:

Post a Comment